Keith James Memorial Scholarship
The Keith F. James (KFJ) memorial scholarship is a need based scholarship fund with a vision of strengthening the community of Saint James and in doing so the country of Jamaica W.I. by helping primary age students with financial challenges that are of good character and a desire to excel academically as they continue to pursue their education.
Goal is to promote academic excellence and to provide opportunities to underprivileged students who reside in the parish of Saint James, Jamaica West Indies. The scholarship will be administered by Kids In Need, Inc. (K.I.N., Inc.) of Brooklyn, New York, USA a 501c3 non-profit organization.
Click here for a list of past recipients.
The Keith F. James Memorial scholarship fund selection committee award scholarships to two students each year based on recommendation from the school. Each scholarship winners will be notified by the end of August each year.
• Student must be attending Corinaldi Avenue Primary School in Saint James, Jamaica W.I.
• Student must be chosen to attend either Cornwall College or Saint James High School (one student will be selected for each school)
• Student must be 12 years or younger at the time they sat the GSAT examination
• Student must demonstrate financial need
• Student must demonstrate good citizenship (an interest in school and improvement of the community)
• Student must describe via an essay a realistic future plan for his/her education and how receiving the scholarship will help you continue you education. Please include your career aspirations. The goal of this is to give the scholarship selection committee an opportunity to learn more about you.
• Student cannot be a family member of any of the Kids In Need, Inc. members.
How to apply:
• Applications must apply for the scholarship via the Kids In Need Inc. online application system or by submitting an email to Kids In Need, Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org. If applying by email please provide your address, school you will attend and a means by which we can contact you.
• Applications must be submitted on or before August 1st
• References from the student guidance counselor is required and can be emailed separately, but also must be received on or before August 1st
• The scholarship is disbursed in two payments; first half is disbursed during the first school term, with subsequent disbursements requiring a copy of the recipients grades. Scholarship will be a minimum of US$500.00